Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Paco Soto a reborn flamenco guitar player



Paco Soto dedicates his song “PACO” from his work “VIDA” to the famous flamenco guitar player Paco de Lucía

Paco SotoThis afternoon, while I was seated relaxing a bit inside my glamping tent, before reincprorating to my work tomorrow Monday, I listened at the radio to the flamenco guitarist Paco Soto who has been selected to play with the Philharmonic Orchestra of Cologne next Saturday the 13th of October.

I was amaxzd by his impressive story, he has explained how while he was playing guitar, his left hand got paralyzed and he wasn¡t able to continue playing at all: a cancerous tumor had grown up inside him and had provocked him to have the half of his body paralyzed.

He also told how the day  was having a surgery to remove it, he said to his mother, “Before I enter the operating room I want to listen to Paco de Lucía’s Fuente y Caudal song, otherwise I won’t go inside”. His mother asked why and he said “Because for me is the LIFE”.
Imagen relacionada

As the surgical operation was a success, he decided to publish a work entitled “Vida” (Life) presented past June and with its fith song “Paco”dedicated  to Paco de Lucia who he considers has saved his life thanks to his music.

Two weeks ago, the Paco de Lucía’s widow decided to lend the guitar of his husband to Paco Soto in order he plays it around the world.

As I was really moved by this amazing story and the simplicity and sincerity with which Paco Soto has told it, I have decided to share it with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment